Punjab JET 2020: The Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh conducts a state level admission process called Punjab JET for polytechnic courses at various institutions in the state of Punjab. The board manages the entire admission process. Admissions are based on performance at the 10th standard and there is no entrance test conducted for admission to these polytechnic courses. Interested candidates should apply before the last date for the desired course/trade. Admission to various courses (a list given in the next section) will be provided through Punjab JET 2020.
Courses Offered through Punjab JET 2020
||Interior Design and Decoration
||Library and Information Sciences
||Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
||Mechanical Engineering (Tool and Die)
||Medical Laboratory Technology
||Production and Industrial Engineering
||Computer Science and Engineering
||Electrical and Electronics Engineering
||Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
||ECE – Industry Integrated
|Leather Technology (Footwear)
||Electronics and Communication Engineering
Punjab JET 2020: Important Dates
|Availability of JET application form
|Last date of application form
|First counseling (choice filling) date
|Seat allotment process
|Reporting to the allotted institute
- Candidate applying for Punjab JET must be an Indian Citizen with a domicile certificate of Punjab issued by competent authority.
- Passed 10th class exam from any recognized state Board/CBSE/ ICSE/ National Open School or from any other board with at least 35% marks will be the required qualification to apply for Punjab JET 2020.
- The candidates should have Mathematics, Science (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) and English as mandatory subjects in the above qualifying exam.
- There is no lower or upper age limit prescribed.
Reservation of Seats
|Border Areas/Backward Areas (2% each)
|Physically Disabled Persons
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom Fighter
- The candidates need to pay Rs.50/- as online application fee of Punjab JET 2020.
- Candidates have to pay application fee through online mode only.
- The admissions in Polytechnic courses in the State of Punjab will be made on the basis of merit list.
- Merit list will be prepared on the candidate’s marks in the 10th standard. The merit list will be prepared by the Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh.
- Candidates with all the relevant documents in original should be present at the time of admission at allotted college.
- Skipping the Counselling and reporting at allotted college, will result in canceling of candidature.
- The Counseling schedule will be published on the official website of the concerned authority.
- The schedule will also be published in the local newspaper.
- The counseling will be held through online mode.
- The candidates will get an opportunity to opt course and institutions as per list available.
- Candidates need to register online to participate in the Counseling process.
- Seat allotment result will be declared on the website, after the completion of counseling rounds.
Documents required during Counseling
- High School (Class X) certificates and passing certificates.
- Allotment letter issued during counseling.
- Registration number/ print out of counseling registration receipt.
- Identify Proof like as Aadhar card or Voter’s Id card or Driver’s Licence etc.
- Recent passport size colored photographs
- Rank Card/Score Card.