NATA2021: The Council of Architecture (CoA) will conduct the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) to provide them admissions to the 5-year B.Arch. Degree program. It is a national level architecture exam is held annually to test candidates’ aptitude. Various prominent government and private colleges accept NATA scores for admissions. NATA 2021 scores are valid for 2-years from the year in which one appeared.
NATA 2021: Important Dates
|Publication of notification||December 2020|
|Availability of the Application form||January 2021|
|Last Date to submit the application form||February 2021|
|Last Date for Uploading Documents||February 2021|
|Fee Payment ends on||February 2021|
|Window open for Correction||February 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||March 2021|
|Exam Date||April 2021|
|Declaration of Result||June 2021|
- 10+3 Diploma holders (any stream) recognized by Central/ State Government with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- 10+2 graduates with Mathematics as a mandatory subject.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma passed, after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
- There is no age criterion for appearing in NATA 2021
- There is no relaxation for special category students (SC/ST/OBC)
Specifications of Images to be Upload
|Image Dimension||3.5cm X 4.5cm||1.5cm X 3.5cm||1.5cm X 3.5cm|
|File Type||JPG or JPEG||JPG or JPEG||JPG or JPEG|
|File Size||4KB – 100KB||1KB – 30KB||1KB – 30KB|
NATA 2021 Application Fee
- The application fee is INR 1250 for all candidates.
- For candidates who opt for Dubai as the exam center has to pay an extra INR 7000.
- Candidates can pay the application fees via online mode using Debit/Credit Cards or Internet Banking.
- Candidates can also pay the application fees via offline mode through e-challan at any pan India branch of ICICI bank.
- The examination consists of 2 parts as A and B.
- Part A comprises of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) to be answered online.
- Part B to be answered on A4 size drawing sheets.
- Both the papers will be conducted on the same day.
- Each paper is allotted 90 minutes for completion.
- It is mandatory for a candidate to attempt both the papers.
- There is no negative marking in the NATA exam.
|Exam Pattern||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Time Duration||90 minutes||90 minutes|
|No. of Questions||General Aptitude- 40 questions
Mathematics- 20 questions
|2 drawing questions|
|Marks||120 marks||80 marks|
The exam of NATA 2021 will be conducted at the following places: Chandigarh & Mohali, Raipur, Delhi/ New Delhi, Panaji, Shillong, Aizwal, Dimapur, Balasore, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Sambalpur, Puducherry, Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Kurukshetra, Hamirpur, Shimla, Jammu, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi, Bangalore, Hubli, Mangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, Ernakulam, Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Nasik, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Bhopal, Imphal, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Warangal, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Agartala, Dehradun, Roorkee, Port Blair, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Itanagar, Guwahati, Gaya, Muzaffarpur & Patna, Lucknow, Agra, Allahabad, Varanasi, Kolkata, Siliguri, Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Surat, Hamirpur, Shimla, Dubai
NATA 2021 Counselling
- NATA qualified candidates can take part in counselling round for final admission.
- The candidates need to register and select the choice of seats for participating in the counseling process.
Documents required during Counseling
- Class 10th and 12th Mark Sheets
- NATA Scorecard
- Birth certificate (if there is an age limit criterion for the particular institute).
- Reservation certificate (if required by a particular Institute)
- Mathematics: Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Permutation and Combination, Coordinate Geometry and 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus – Theory & Application, Statistics, and Probability.
- General Aptitude: Imaginative comprehension, and expression, Textural Identification of commonly used material and objects, Mental ability (verbal, visual, and numerical), visualizing different sides of three-dimensional objects, visualizing three-dimensional objects through two-dimensional drawing, Architectural awareness, Analytical and Verbal Reasoning, General awareness of renowned architects and famous architectural installations.
- Drawing Test: Understanding of scale and proportion, harmony and contrast, generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects, sketching of urbanscape and landscape, drawing geometrical and abstract patterns, form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes, and color texture, creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, color texture, conceptualization, and visualization by structuring objects in memory, Perspective drawing, geometric composition, building forms and elements, aesthetics, common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment, etc., from memory.
- NATA 2021 Full Package by NATA360
- NATA Guide to B. ARCH Entrance Examination with solved papers 2013 -16 by GKP
- A complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch. Entrance Examination 2020 by PK Mishra
- Steps to Architecture NATA and JEE Mains Entrance Exam Guide by R Gupta
For more details visit: http://www.nata.in/