JEST 2022: Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is conducted by the Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) for candidates, who want to take admission to Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. Programs. This is also considered a National Eligibility Test (NET) and a national level exam held every year. After qualifying for JEST, the candidate can pursue Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. programs in Physics, Theoretical Neurosciences, Computational Biology, and Computer Science. The application process of JEST 2022 will start in November 2022. Get more details about JEST 2022 in the following article.
JEST 2022 Important Dates
|Starting of the application process||1st week of November 2021|
|Closing of the application form||3rd week of December 2021|
|Admit card||3rd week of January 2022|
|Exam Date||2nd week of February 2022|
|Release of Answer Key||February 2022|
|Last date for the objection against the answer key||1st week of March 2022|
|Declaration of Result||4th week of March 2022|
|Interview dates||3rd week of April 2022|
- Theoretical Neuroscience/Computational Biology/Computer Science– Candidate must have done M.Sc or ME or M.Tech or MCA in Computer Science.
- Candidates who have done M.Sc or ME or M.Tech or MCA in any Engg or Science, with some great mathematical skills plus a strong interest in biological problems ( for Ph.D.) in Computational Biology at IMSc.
- Ph.D. Program in Physics– Candidate must have done M.Sc in Physics or M.Sc or M.E or M.Tech in related disciplines.
- Candidate must have done M.Sc in Applied Mathematics or Applied Physics or Mathematics or Optics and Instrumentation or Electronics or Photonics will be taken as IIA.
- B.Tech and BE will be considered at IMSc, IISc, IUCAA, ICTS-TIFR, RRI, IISER Mohali, NCRA-TIFR, JNCASR, IISER Thiruvananthapuram, IISER Pune, and TIFR-TCIS
- Candidates who are appearing the final year of B.Sc or giving the first year of M.Sc in Physics, Astronomy,
- Applied Mathematics, Electronics are eligible to apply.
- If you have done M.Sc in Applied Physics, Engg Physics or Physics then it will be considered at IPR, at TIFR, Candidates who have done B.Tech, Engineering Physics, and M.Sc Physics can apply for this.
For Integrated Programs
- Integrated Ph.D. Program at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram– Candidate must have done a graduation degree in Physics, Technology, Engineering can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Physics.
- Integrated M.Tech-PhD Program at IIA– Candidate must have done graduation with M.Sc in any of these – Optoelectronics, B.Tech, Post-B.Sc (Hons) in Optics, Radio Physics, Physics(Applied Physics), Electronics, and BE.
- Integrated M.Sc/M.Tech-PhD Program– Candidates who have done a BSc that will be considered for the Integrated M.Sc, Ph.D. Program in Physics at SNBNCBS, HRI, NCRA-TIFR, ICTS-TIFR, IISER-Pune, TIFR-TCIS.
- Candidates who have done a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Science, Computer Sci., Statistics and EnggIT will also be considered for admission in Ph.D. Physics, Theoretical Computer Science (part of an integrated Ph.D. Program).
- Who will be successful in the coursework of this program will be awarded an M.Sc degree.
JEST 2022 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the application form through online mode. Visit the official website. Register yourself by entering your email ID and phone number to get login credentials. Click on the apply online link and the application form will be opened. Fill all the mandatory data, after upload the scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format. Complete the payment section and it’s all done. Don’t forget to get a print out of the filled application form.
- Candidates who belong to the general category, are required to give Rs.400/- whereas those who belong to SC and ST category are required to give Rs.200/-.
- Payment should be done via online mode from Debit or Credit cards and Net-banking.
If you proceed with your payment via any other option then it will be discarded.
- The exam will be conducted through offline (OMR) mode.
- There will be multiple-choice questions (MCQ’S) in the paper.
- 3 hours will be given as the exam duration.
- The exam will be conducted in the English language.
|Parts||No. of questions||Marking (+)||Negative Marking (-)|
The qualified candidates of the exam will get a call for Counselling / Interview process. Candidates have to contact & report to the participating institution for interviews. No centralized admission process will be conducted for admission to the institutes.
Documents Required for Counselling
- 12th mark sheet & passing certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet
- JEST 2022 Admit card and Scorecard
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate, etc.
- Passport size photographs