Indian Maritime University (IMU) conducts the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test for the applicants. IMU CET is conducted at all India level exam. Indian Maritime University admits the applicants who want to apply for different UG, PG and PG diploma and research courses in the field of marine engineering. Through the entrance, exam candidates will get admission to B.Sc., B.Tech, M.Tech, BBA, M.Sc, MBA, etc courses in the university and its associated colleges. IMU CET 2021 is conducted every year for the applicants. Interested candidate needs to appear for the entrance test in order to get admission to the university. Applicants need to attend counseling process in order to confirm the seats for the admission to the university after appearing for the entrance exam
IMU CET 2021: Important Dates
|Release the application form||March 2021|
|The end date of the application form (except BBA program)||May 2021|
|Releasing of admit card||May 2021|
|Entrance exam date||May 2021|
|Results declaration||May 2021|
|Start of the counseling process||June 2021|
|End date for Online Registration for BBA program||June 2021|
- Applying candidate lower age limit should be 17 years.
- Applying candidate upper age limit is 25 years to apply for the exam. For SC/ ST candidates, there will be 5 years of age relaxation.
For B.Tech Course:
- Interested applicants must pass the 10th class and 12th class exam from any recognized board.
- In their qualifying examination, the applicant must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks. For SC/ ST category applicant minimum marks is 50%.
For B.Sc. Course:
- Applying applicants must pass 12th class from any recognized board.
- In their qualifying examination, candidates must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks. 5% age relaxation will be given for SC/ ST candidates.
For M.Tech Course:
- Applying applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in B.Tech/ B.E. courses from any recognized university or institute.
- They must secure 60% marks in their qualifying examination. SC/ ST applicant must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks.
IMU CET 2021: Application Form
Candidate search the official portal for registration & students get the correct link of the IMU CET application form.
After that applicants will have to fill all the necessary details like course, preference, personal, educational, etc. lSubmit the details. Candidate completes some steps like Upload the signature scanned documents- photograph and in the given format
- Candidates need to deposit Rs 1000/- (Rs 700/- for SC/ST category applicants) as application fee.
- Candidate can pay the application fee in online mode as well as offline mode.
- Candidate can pay the application fee through debit/credit card or by net banking In case of online mode.
- The applicant can pay the application fee by bank challan in case of offline mode.
- In online mode, the entrance exam will be conducted and it is a computer-based test.
- For UG course: a total of 200 questions will be asked in the question paper and
- For MBA/M. Sc/M. Tech courses: a total of 120 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Type of questions: MCQ type objective questions will be asked in the entrance exam.
- To solve the entire paper applicants will get three hours.
- Every right response provides one mark in the exam.
- No negative markings for an incorrect response.
IMU CET 2021 Counseling
In the counselling process, applicants need to go through different rounds like physical fitness, document verification, etc while attending counseling. Authority will be conducting counseling in the university itself. At the time of counseling applicants need to deposit Rs 10000/- as counseling fee. At the time of counseling applicants, need to carry required documents for verification.
Document s required during counseling
- HSC mark sheet.
- Residence Certificate.
- School/College leaving certificate
- Income certificate for the Tuition Fee waiver
- Admit Card
- Acknowledgment Card with photo
- Documents for relaxing periods of residency.
- Category Certificate.
- DOB Certificate
- S.C details
For UG course:
- General Aptitude
For MBA and M.Sc course:
- Data interpretation
- Verbal ability
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative ability
For M. Tech course:
- Mechanical engineering/ marine engineering/civil engineering / naval architecture