HPU B.Ed 2021: Himachal Pradesh University conducts B.Ed Entrance Exam for admitting aspirants into regular 2 years B.Ed programs offered by the university and its affiliated institutes. The minimum qualifying marks in the Entrance Test will be 35 % (30% for SC/ST/OBC/PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED candidates). Admission into the course will be strictly based on the merit of marks obtained in the entrance test. Online forms will be available on the official website of Himachal Pradesh University.
HPU B.Ed 2021 Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Application||1st week of June 2021|
|Last date for submitting the Application form||4th week of June 2021|
|The issue of Admit Card||1st week of July 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||2nd week of July 2021|
|Declaration of result||4th week of July 2021|
|Date of Issuance of Merit List||4th week of July 2021|
|Counseling and spot admission||1st week of August 2021|
- Candidates must be citizens of India to appear in the HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Medical/ Non-Medical/ Commerce/ Arts) or in a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/ Sciences/ Humanity/ Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology.
- The above qualification should be passed with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD applicants) and the Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology should be passed with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks.
- Students appearing for the final semester of the qualifying exam are also eligible provided.
- Such candidates will be required to produce the necessary documents at the time of admission.
- There is no upper age limit prescribed to students applying to the regular B.Ed course of 2 years.
- The application fee for General and OBC category will be INR 900.
- The application fee for SC/ ST candidates will be INR 450.
- Application fees can be paid via both online and offline mode.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through online mode via Internet banking or Credit/ Debit card.
- A small transaction charge may be applicable.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through offline mode by using an e-Challan of State bank of India.
- For offline mode, candidates will be required to download the e-Challan from the website, fill in the necessary details and submit it along with the fees at the nearest branch of the bank.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- There will be 150 multiple choice questions (MCQ) in the HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2021.
- 1 mark will be awarded for a correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- 2 hours duration will be given to complete the exam.
|Subject||No. of Question||Marks|
|General Awareness (India and HP)||30||30|
|Language and Comprehension (Hindi and English)||40||40|
|Knowledge of National Commission and Committees on Education||20||20|
|Teaching Aptitude and Attitude||40||40|
|Category||Total Marks||Cut off Percentage||Cutoff Marks|
HPU B.Ed 2021 Counselling
- The counseling process will start around the first week of August 2021.
- The participants shortlisted via the merit list must attend the counseling session.
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit and preference of institute as chosen by the applicant.
- The schedule for the same will be uploaded on the official HPU website.
- Individuals must attend in person for the counseling procedure as per the time and date allotted to them.
- Students can send an authorized representative in case they are unable to attend counseling.
Documents required during Counseling
- Class 10 and 12-mark sheet and certificate
- HPU B.Ed 2021 admit card and rank card
- Mark sheets of all semesters of qualifying graduate degree
- Caste certificate and PWD certificate (if applicable)
- Character certificate from the institution last attended
HPU B.Ed 2021 Syllabus
The questions will be asked from the following topics General Awareness, Language and Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Knowledge of National Commission and Committees on Education, Teaching Aptitude and Attitude.
Official Website: http://www.hpuniv.ac.in/