GCET 2021: Goa Common Entrance Test is organized by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa for candidates interested in the Undergraduate engineering & architecture courses. This is state level, entrance test. Many colleges & Institutes in Goa state consider the score of GCET. Candidates will able to get admission to the state government/aided engineering colleges of Goa state. Interested applicants should select the application “A” and for B. Arch, the applicants should submit Application “C” in the GCET. Based on marks obtained in the entrance exam the admission will be offered to the candidate. The applicant should go through this article to get complete information regarding GCET 2021.
GCET 2021: Important Dates
|Start the application form||1st week of April 2021|
|End date to submit the form||Last week of April 2021|
|Admit card||1st week of April 2021|
|Exam Date||1st week of May 2021|
|Availability of answer key||3rd week of May 2021|
|Declaration of result||4th week of May 2021|
|Commencement of counselling||Last week of May 2021|
- Applying applicants should be citizens of India.
- PIO, OCI, & NRI applicants can also apply under the NRI quota.
- For the engineering courses, the University has not decided on any age limit for the applicants.
- Interested candidate must have cleared 12th class exam from Goa board, or any examination conducted by CBSE, New Delhi,
- Candidate must have qualified the exam with Mathematics, English, and Physics as compulsory subjects and any one of Computer Science /Biology Chemistry/Bio-Technology/.
- For general category: Applicant must have achieved a minimum of of 45% in total with the entire subject in the exams.
- For ST, SC & OBC category: Applicant must have achieved a minimum of 40% in total with the entire subject in the exams.
GCET 2021: Application Form
From the official website, applicants can get the application form of GCET 2021. Fill the application form manually after downloading it from the official website. The applicant must fill the application form carefully or without any mistakes. On the application form, paste a recent passport size photo (do not staple it). Attach all the required documents with the application form. To the selected centers, the application forms are required to be submitted by the applicants.
- The application fee is Rs. 1500/- for the entrance exam.
- Candidates can only pay the application fee in the form of DD and from any scheduled bank.
- The DD should be made in favor of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji.
- There will be an offline exam or (pen/pencil and paper-based test).
- In the exam, the candidate will get the ORS answer sheets and they have to mark the answers in that no overwriting
- With the MCQ type questions, the question paper will be prepared.
- Into three subjects/sections, the question paper will be divided.
- There will be 75 questions in each section.
- To solve the paper the applicants will get 2 hours.
- One mark for each right answer the candidate will get.
- For this entrance exam, there will be no negative marking done.
Tiswadi, Panaji, Verna, Vasco, Mapusa, Ponda-1, Bicholim, Curchorem, Porvorim, Sanquelim, Cuncolim, Dharbandora, Cujira (Bambolim), Ponda (Farmagudi)
GCET 2021 Counseling
The interested applicant has to submit the admission form to participate in the counselling after the declaration of written exam result. At the time of the declaration of result, the admission form will be available. Candidates can get it. Candidates can get the counselling details through the official website. After the declaration of the merit list candidates will be called for the counselling. Candidates have to verify the documents to get the seat. Based on the candidate marks in the GCET exam, the admission will be strictly offered. Qualified candidates have to submit the admission fee for final admission.
Documents required during counseling
- S.C details
- GCET Marks
- HSC mark sheet.
- Residence Certificate.
- Documents for a relaxing period of residency.
- Category Certificate.
- DOB Certificate
- School/College leaving certificate
- Income Certificate for the Tuition Fee waiver
- Admit Card
- Acknowledgment Card with photo
GCET 2021 Syllabus
- Physics subject: Alternating currents, Magnetic effects of current & magnetism, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual Nature of matter Electrostatics, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction & radiation, Electronic devices, Atoms and nuclei, Communication systems
- Mathematics Subject: Three-dimensional geometry, linear programming, Relations and Functions, Calculus, Algebra, Vectors & Probability
- Chemistry subject: Processes of isolation of elements, P-block elements, d & f block elements, Haloalkanes & haloarenes, Coordination Compounds, Alcohols, phenols, Solid-state, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Surface chemistry, Chemical kinetics, General principles & & ethers, Aldehydes, ketones & Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, carboxylic acids, Chemistry in everyday life
For more details visit: https://dte.goa.gov.in/