CDS 2021: Combined Defence Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice in a year. CDS 2021 Exam is a national level entrance exam for selecting the eligible candidates in Defence Services. The candidates should prepare for the CDS exam, those who want to join Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA) and Officer’s Training Academy (OTA). The choice for IMA, INA, AFA, and OTA would be given in the application in the order of preference. Get more details about CDS 2021 in the following article.
CDS 2021: Important Dates
|Events||For CDS 1||For CDS 2|
|Official Notification||4th week of October 2020||1st week of June 2021|
|The application process starts with||4th week of October 2020||1st week of June 2021|
|Closing date for the application process||3rd week of November 2020||1st week of July 2021|
|Admit card will be issued on||January 2021||October 2021|
|Examination Date||1st week of February 2021||1st week of September 2021|
|The result will be announced on||May 2021||Notified later|
- Candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or Nepal or
- A Tibetan refugee who came here to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle down here permanently.
- The age limit for IMA, INA, and AFA is 20 to 24 years and for OTA, the age limit is 25 years.
- Candidate should be unmarried for the Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy.
- For Air Force Academy, candidate below 25 years should be unmarried.
- For IMA and OTA: A degree holder from a recognized university will be eligible.
- For Air Force Academy: Bachelor of Engineering or a degree holder from any recognized university with Physics and Mathematics at intermediate (10+2) level.
- Indian Naval Academy: A degree holder in Engineering from a recognized university/Institution.
Physical and Mental Standard
- The applicant must be physically and mentally sound with respect to the criteria prescribed for the Combined Defence Service Examination.
UPSC CDS 2021 Application Form
The application form can be submitted via online mode only at the official website. Candidates have to visit the official website of the UPSC for registration. Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The registration process will consist of two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II. More than one application will not be entertained. The online application form will be issued from the website. Fill all the details carefully and submit the application form.
- Payment of fee can be done using Net Banking, Debit Card/Credit Card or by cash at SBI Bank.
- The application fee to complete the application procedure will be Rs. 200/-.
- Candidate belonging to SC/ST category and all-female candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
- Examination Mode: Pen and Paper based (PPB)
- Type of Questions: MCQs (Multiple Choice Question) in nature.
- The medium of Language: Both in Hindi, as well as English not, excluded English paper.
- For each incorrect response, the deduction is 1/3 Marks.
For CDS IMA, IAF Academy and INA:-
|Questions Form||Duration||Max Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
For Officers’ Training Academy:
|Questions From||Duration||Max Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
- On the basis of the score in the written examination of CDS 2021, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Then-candidate has to face SSB/Interview followed by medical examination.
- Documents verification will also be done at the time of selection.
- According to the candidate’s overall performance throughout the exam, the final selection will be done.
- The syllabus of the CDS 2021 exam will be available by the Union Public Service Commission.
- Candidates should prepare according to the syllabus prescribed for the examination.
- The syllabus will include English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics.
- study the following topics: Knowledge Of Current Events, Scientific Aspects, History Of India, Geography, Elementary Number Theory, Trigonometry, Statistics, Algebra, Mensuration, and Geometry etc.
CDS 2021: Important Points
- All applicants should attempt the CDS papers by their own hands.
- The admit card will be available on the official website of the UPSC.
- It is mandatory to bring admit card along at the time of examination.
- No candidate will get the hard copy of the admit card by post.
- After completion of the exam, the answer key of the written exam will be published.
- The commission will declare the result of the written exam first.
- Those who will qualify the written exam will be called for appearing in the SSB/Interview.
- On the basis of score secured in written exam and performance in SSB/Interview, the final result will be prepared.