CAT 2019: For admission to PG Management programme in IIMs (top business schools of India), a national level online test conducted known as Common Admission Test (CAT 2019). It is conducted by Indian Institute of Management annually on a rotational basis. Candidates are advised to read the official advertisement from the official website before filling the form. Check all the important information about CAT 2019.
CAT 2019 Important Dates
|Online registration will start from||1st week of August 2019|
|Last date for online registration||2nd week of September 2019|
|Admit Card will release in||Last week of October 2019|
|Date of examination||Last week of November 2019|
|Announcement of Results||2nd week of January 2020|
- Candidate should be the citizen of India.
- There is no upper / lower age limit for the candidates appearing in CAT-2019.
- Candidate should have hold of bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized university
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 50% marks in the qualifying degree (relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates).
- Candidate should have of a graduation and HSC degree in any stream from a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidates whose result is awaited are eligible for CAT-2019 with a condition to submitting the final result card of their qualifying degree before CAT Selection Process.
CAT 2019 Application Form Details
Candidates can start the CAT registration in August 2019 followed by the filling of the CAT application form, uploading of important documents form, payment of required fee and submission of the application form. The online application can be filled through the official website of CAT at https://iimcat.ac.in/. Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The online application form will be issued from the website.
- The payment of application fee can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
- The Application fee is Rs. 1700/- for General / NC-OBC candidates.
- The Application fee is Rs.850/- for SC/ST /PWD candidates.
- The additional charges (Transaction Processing Fees) will be applicable.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27% seats|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15% seats|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5% seats|
|Physically Handicapped /PwD||3% seats|
Written Ability Test:
- Candidates are given one or more topics on which they are required to write a brief essay.
- The time duration will be 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
- It is the second stage in which 8-10 candidates are given a topic to discuss.
- This round is held to access the group dynamics of them.
- This is the final round of selection in which a candidate has to present himself before a panel of 4-8 interviewers.
- To test the academic background, work experience, hobbies, interests etc. of the candidates, this round is set.
- Exam Mode: Online(CBT)
- Type of Question: Multiple choices and Subjective
- No. of Question: 100 questions
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes
- Marking Scheme: 3 Marks per correct answer and 1 mark Deduction(MCQ only)
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
CAT 2019 Admit Card
- The Admit Card will be provided to the candidates on the official website.
- The admit card contains details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, etc.
- It is important to take the Admit Card with you while going to the examination centre.
- Applicants have to bring along the admit card at the examination centre.
- Candidate will not be allowed to give the exam, without the admit card.
CAT 2019 Answer Key
- The answer key contains the correct answers to the questions asked in the examination.
- The Answer Key will be published soon after the examination is over.
- Through the official website, candidates can download the Answer Key online.
CAT 2019 Result
- The results will be declared Online on the official website.
- The result will be declared tentatively in January 2020.
- Candidates should take a printout of their Results for further use.
- Cut Off is the factor which will decide whether a candidate is qualified in the examination or not.
- The cut off marks depend upon a number of factors like a number of students, seat availability, exam difficulty, etc.
- For various categories like ST/NC-OBC and DA/PWD, the Cut-off marks will be published separately.
Cut off trend for different CAT Institutes
|SJMSOM, IIT Bombay||99+ Percentile|
|FMS, DU (Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi)||98.20 Percentile|
|DMS, IIT Delhi||98+ Percentile|
|Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras||95+ Percentile|
|Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon||95+ Percentile|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai||95+ Percentile|
|UBS Chandigarh||93+ Percentile|
|Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad||90+ Percentile|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai||90+ Percentile|
|Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)||90+ Percentile|
|T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal||85+ Percentile|
|Name of IIM||MBA specialization offered|
|IIM Ahmadabad||PGP, PGP-ABM, FPM|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM, FPM|
|IIM Calcutta||PGP-PGDM ,PGP PGDCM ,FPM|
|IIM Indore||PGP, EPGP, FPM|
|IIM Kolhapur||PGP, EPGPM|
|IIM Kozhikode||PGP FPM|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGPSM, FPM|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE, FPM|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM, FPM|
|IIM Shilling||PGP, PGPEX, FPM|
|IIM Trichy||PGP, PGPBM, PGPHRM|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP|
|IIM Sambalpur||PGP, EPGP, FPM|
|IIM Sirmaur||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGPSM, FPM|
|IIM Kozhikode||Executive Post Graduate Programme – Kochi PGP, EPGP .FPM, Campus, MDP, FDP|
Logical Reasoning: Binary Logic, Syllogism, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Clocks and Calendars, Directions, Linear and Matrix Arrangement.
Verbal and Reading Comprehension: Analogies, Idioms, Antonyms and Synonyms, Sentence Correction, Verbal Reasoning, Critical Reasoning and Fill in the Blanks.
Quantitative Ability: Simple and Compound Interest, Permutation and Combination, Profit and Loss, Number System, Geometry, Quadratic & Linear Equation, Algebra, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Work, Trigonometry.
Data Interpretation: Area Graph, Line Graph, Charts (Columns, Bar, Pie), Tables and Venn Diagrams.