AP POLYCET 2020: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh conducts AP PolyCet (Polytechnic Common Entrance Test), for admission into the Diploma level programs, available at Government, Aided, Private, Un-aided polytechnics and Second Shift polytechnics run in existing Private unaided Engineering Colleges. Candidates must appear in AP POLYCET 2020 to get admission to the various diploma programmes in the Andhra Pradesh. However, Candidates shall not be required to appear for AP POLYCET 2020 for admission to the Diploma Courses like Hotel Management and Catering Technology, D.Pharmacy. The admission to these courses will be provided according to the entry qualification which is passed in 12th Standard.
AP POLYCET 2020: Important Dates
|Filing of online application starts from
||2nd week of March 2020
|Last date of filing of online application
||2nd week of April 2020
|Admit Card can be obtained by
||3rd week of April 2020
|Date of Exam
||4th week of April 2020
|Declaration of Result
||2nd week of May 2020
- Candidate must be an Indian National and belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Passed S.S.C. Examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana or any other examination from a recognized university with at least 35% marks.
- The above qualifying examination should be passed with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- The candidates who have studied from APOSS/NIOS shall cover Mathematics, Science and Social/Computers.
- Also, these candidates should have passed in all subjects with a minimum of 35% in each subject.
- Appear candidates of SSC or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply for AP POLYCET 2020.
- There is no age restriction for appearing.
- The application fee to apply for AP POLYCET 2020 will be Rs. 350/-.
- The application form can be submitted to the computer operator at the nearest ApOnline/Meeseva/Payment gateway/Net Banking/Help Line center.
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours
- The total number of Questions will be 120
- The nature of the Questions will be MCQ type
- The mode of the Exam will be Pen and Paper based
- There shall be no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
||Number of Questions
- The Admit card can be downloaded online from the website.
- The candidates should bring the printed copy of the admit card at the examination center.
- Candidates must ensure that the personal details printed on the admit card correct or not.
- The Admit card will be having the basic information about the exam such as date, time and venue.
- The candidates will be able to check their result and download the rank card from the website.
- The result shall also be available with the Principals of all Polytechnics Institute.
- The entrance exam qualified candidates (candidates who have obtained the minimum qualifying marks) will be allowed to appear for the Web Counselling.
- The selected candidates will be required to report at the counseling venue along with the original certificates for certificate verification.
- The candidates can exercise as many options for the seat allotment in the Polytechnics after the document verification process is done.
- The candidates will be issued the allotment letter, on the basis of the choices filled by the candidate, rank obtained in the entrance exam and category.
- Report at the allotted institute along with the required documents and pay the fee to confirm their admission.
- The syllabus will consist of subjects Maths, Physics and Chemistry as per the Class 10th standard as prescribed by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh.