AILET 2019: Eligibility, Exam Date, Pattern, Syllabus
All India Law Entrance Test (AILET 2019) National Law University, Delhi conducts at the national level &which is held only once in a year which provides the gateway to gain admissions in UG as well as in PG programmes i.e. in B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and Ph.D Professional National Law University, Delhi. Candidates are advised to read the official advertisement from the official website before filling the form. The application form of AILET 2019 has been released on 4th January 2019. The exam for the same will be conducted on 5th May 2019 (3:00 PM – 4:30 PM). To get all the important information about AILET 2019 like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result etc read the article below carefully. It is must to check the eligibility before applying.
AILET 2019: Important Dates
|Registration/Notification date||4th January 2019|
|Online application starts from||4th January 2019|
|Online application closes||8th April 2019|
|Admit card Availability||22nd April 2019|
|Exam date||5th May 2019 (3:00 PM – 4:30 PM)|
|Result Declaration (BA.LL.B (Hons.))||May 2019|
|Date of issue of admission letter (1st list)||May 2019|
|Last date to deposit fee (1st list)||June 2019|
|Date of spot counseling for vacant seats||June 2019|
|Last date to submit counseling fee for 1st list||July 2019|
|Closing date of admission||July 2019|
|Interview of selected candidates||July 2019|
|Declaration of Result for LL.M.||July 2019|
|Declaration of Result for Ph.D||July 2019|
AILET 2019 Application Form Details
The Registration process will be starting from January, 2019. The Application form can be filled only via online mode. Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. Candidates need to fill all their details whatever being asked in the User Registration form. Candidates are advised to give their valid email ID &Mobile no. The online application form will be issued from the website.
For B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Course:
- Age must be less than 20yrs as on 1st July, 2019.
- Candidates were need to qualify the standard 10 2 from the recognized university of the board with 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Appearing candidates can also apply for the same.
For LL.M. Course:
- A candidate must clear their LL.B. or equivalent degree from a recognized university of board with at least 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST/PH candidates).
- Appearing candidates (final year students of LL.B.) can also apply for it.
For Ph.D Course:
- Candidate must grab the master’s degree in Law from recognized university with the aggregate of 55% marks (50% marks for reserved categories) in equivalent examination.
- The mode of payment of application fee is via online mode(through DR/CR card or through Net Banking).
- The application fee is Rs-3000/- (for general candidates).
- The application fee is Rs.1000/- (for SC/ST and Persons with Disability candidates).
- BPL candidates of SC/ST category are exempted from the application fee.
- Question paper carries of 150 marksin B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) while in LL.M. programme, there will be 100 MCQ question and 1 essay type question in law.
- The Paper will be composed of multiple types of questions
- Duration of the Entrance will be of 90minutes.
- 1 mark is awarded for each right answer
- There will be no negative marking
|Mode of Examination||Pen Paper Based||Pen Paper Based||Pen Paper Based|
|Number of Questions||100||100||150|
|Duration of Exam||1.30||1.30 hours||1.30 hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective type||100 Objective type + 1 Essay||Objective Type|
|Sections in Paper||1||2||5|
- Admit Card will be made available from April 2019.
- It is important to take Admit Card with you while going to examination center.
- Candidate will not be allowed to give exam, without the admit card.
Ahmadabad, Gandhinagar, Amritsar, Bangalore, Bhopal, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Patna, Raipur, Varanasi, Mumbai, Lucknow
- Result is expected to be declared on May, 2019.
- Result will be declared online.
- Result will be displayed in different views by Category of Candidates, Name-wise, Merit-wise, Roll Number wise.
- For B.A.LL.B: Candidate should score at least 40% of the marks in AILET as minimum cutoff marks (30% for SC/ ST candidates).
- For LL.M: Candidate should secure minimum of 50% of the marks in the written test to become eligible for admission (SC/ST candidates it is 40%).
- For Ph.D: Candidate should secure minimum of 50% of the marks (SC/ST candidates it is 40%) in the written test to qualify for submitting the research proposal.
- After passing AILET and being shortlisted, candidate’s name will be published on official website of NLU i.e., www.nludelhi.ac.in.
Shortlisted candidate should reach the office of Registrar, NLU, Delhi with the following documents:
- All original academic documents
- AILET 2019 Admit Card and passport size photographs
- ID Proof
- Proof (ST / SC / PwD / Migrant Jammu & Kashmir / Resident of Kashmir),
- Also keep self-attested 2 photocopies sets of all above documents.