SSC CHSL Selection Procedure and Exam Pattern will be helpful to prepare for the exam. All candidates must check the SSC CHSL Selection Procedure and Exam Pattern just after applying and must study according to that. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organization under Government of India having its headquarters located at New Delhi. SSC has 2 Sub- Regional offices at Raipur and Chandigarh and seven Regional offices at Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Bangalore at present. Staff Selection Commission CHSL will be released the notification and application form for recruitment to the posts of CHSL. It is an all India Open Competitive Examination. On the basis of written exam and skill test, the SSC CHSL recruitment shall be done.
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Examination for the recruitment of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant & Court Clerk. SSC CHSL notification will be released soon and study can be done according to SSC CHSL Selection Procedure and Exam Pattern.
SSC CHSL Selection Procedure
|Written Exam will be done Online and of 200 Marks for Objective Type|
|Written Exam will be done Offline and of 100 Marks for Descriptive Type|
|Skill Test / Typing Test for those candidates only who qualify the tier-2 exam|
In Case of Tie
If more than one candidate score equal aggregates marks, the following rule to break tie will be applied:
- Marks score in written examination.
- According to the DOB, according to the seniority.
- Alphabetical order of the candidate name appearing first.
SSC CHSL Selection Procedure and Exam Pattern
- Exam is objective type and will be conducted online.
- Exam will have 100 questions for 200 marks.
- There will be 4 parts in a question paper namely General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness / General Knowledge.
- Duration of the exam is 75 Minutes.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- Questions will be set both in English & Hindi for parts: 1, 3 & 4.
- Exam is descriptive type and will be conducted offline (pen & paper mode).
- Candidates need to write essay / précis / letters / application writing etc.
- Exam will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
- Exam carries 100 marks and exam duration will be 1 hour.
Tier-3 Skill Test / Typing Test:
- Typing Test: If opting English typing, then the typing speed of 35 words per minute required and If opting Hindi typing then the typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- For Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC and Court Clerk posts, the typing test will be applicable.
- Skill Test: Data Entry Speed of 8,000 key depressions per hour on computer.
- Only for Data Entry Operator post, the skill test will be applicable.
SSC CHSL Selection Procedure: Cut Off
- For further recruitment process cut off is minimum marks that are compulsory to score to get selected.
- Cut off marks for general candidates usually higher than the reserve category’s candidates.