NEET PG 2019: Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Exam Pattern
Applicants who wish to access the MD / MS or PG Diploma courses may appear on the NEET PG 2019 exam. NEET PG 2019 is a national level examination organized by the National Examinations Council (NBE). NEET PG 2019 entrance exam will be conducted in the month of December 2019 in an online mode only. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduation (NEET PG 2019) is the single entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma courses, as per the directives of Supreme Court. It is a computer-based test. Read the official advertisement from the official website. Information about NEET PG 2019 like Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result etc can be read in the article below.
NEET PG 2019: Important Dates
|Release of Notification||September 2019|
|Availability of application form||September 2019|
|Last date of filling up of application form||November 2019|
|Exam Date||December 2019|
|Result declaration||January 2019|
Scheme of NEET PG 2019
|Events||Forenoon session||Afternoon session|
|Candidate’s entry at reporting counters||9:00 am||2:45 pm|
|Reporting counter entry closes||9:30 am||3:15 pm|
|Procedure to Check In||9:00 am to 10:00 am||2:45 pm to 3:45 pm|
|Examination starts at||10:00 am||3:45 pm|
|Examination ends at||1:45 am||7:30 pm|
NEET PG 2019 Application Form Details
Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instructions carefully. Candidates can register for this exam via online mode through the website. By entering registration details, create a profile on the website and fill all the required details such as personal, academic, address, etc. Schedule the examination date, time and center as per your preferences and make the fee payment through online mode. Take a printout of the confirmation page for further use, after completing the application. The online application form will be issued from the website.
- Only Indian citizens can apply.
- Candidates must hold an MBBS or a temporary MBBS pass certificate recognized by the MCI.
- Students must have completed one year of practice or the probability of completing the practice by March 31, 2019.
- Through debit/credit card or net banking, the candidate can make payment.
- The registration fee will be Rs. 3750/- for Gen/OBC candidates.
- The registration fee will be Rs. 2750/- for SC/ST/PWD categories.
- Payment cannot be made through offline mode.
|Topic||Approximate number of questions|
|Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||12|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||25|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||25|
|Medicine, Dermatology and Venereology||37|
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics and Anasthesia||46|
|Total number of questions||300|
- The exam will be organized online (computer-based test mode).
- Multiple-choice questions will be asked during the examination.
- The questions will be in English.
- The duration of the examination will be 3 to 1 hour.
- There will be a procedure of Negative Marking on this test.
- The exam will be conducted in a total of 104 cities across the country.
- Earlier, only 80 examination cities were selected.
- CBSE also added 24 new cities to the existing list, after a substantial increase in NEET aspirants.
- The exam cities will be allotted through computers and there will not be any human involvement.
- The result will be declared in the month of January 2019, in online mode for those candidates only who have secured a minimum qualifying mark as per their category.
- The score card of candidates consist details along with marks and rank secured.
- The cutoff score depends on various factors such as a number of applicants applied, availability of seats, and difficulty level of the exam etc.
- The candidates belong to a general category have to secure a minimum of 50% marks.
- The candidates belong to PH category have to secure a minimum of 45% marks.
- The candidates belongs to SC/ST/OBC category have to secure a minimum of 40% marks.
- The counselling will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC of the Director General of Health Services (DGHS).
- The counselling of NEET 2019 for 15% all India Quota seats will be conducted in the month of June 2019 in online mode.
- Around 3850 MBBS and BDS seats will be allotted through t he counselling of NEET 2019.
- Qualified candidates will have to first register themselves for the counselling process during the stipulated period announce, schedule and allotment result etc.
Institutes Excluded from NEET PG 2019 session
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- SGPGIMS, Lucknow
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- Sri Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology, Trivandrum
NEET PG 2019: Important Tips
- Make an appropriate schedule and prepare accordingly.
- Prepare brief notes on important issues and prepare them at the end of the preparations.
- Consider good books and study materials for your preparations.
- Practice the previous year’s query and sample papers that will help you understand the profile of the exam.
- Take care of your health, doing yoga and meditation will help you focus on your studies.