The NEET 2018 Result will soon be released after the exam. Every year CBSE organizes NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) which is a national level medical examination in India. NEET 2018 is the gateway to offer admissions to deserving applicants in MBBS and BDS courses at the best colleges of India. The applicants who are interested in NEET 2018 can apply for the examination before last date of application. All medical institutions consider NEET score for providing admission in MBBS/BDS courses because from the year 2016 onwards, AIPMT exam has been replaced by NEET examination. Students can get details about NEET 2018 Result in the below article.
NEET 2018 Result: Important Dates
|Exam date||1st week of May 2018|
|Announcement of result||1st week of Jun 2018|
|Counselling starts||After result declaration|
NEET 2018 Result
- The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website.
- Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website.
- A merit list will be prepared for admission as per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI.
Steps to Check NEET 2018 Result
- Click on the link for result.
- The link you can find on the official website of NEET 201 as soon as result is announced officially.
- You will reach a log in page on clicking the link.
- Enter roll number (as on your admit card of NEET 2018), and date of birth (same as you entered while filling the application form).
- The result will be displayed immediately if the log in credentials are correct and match the database at CBSE NEET.
Details on NEET 2018 Result
- Name of candidate
- Roll number
- Marks obtained
Minimum Marks for Merit List
Every year to be considered to be part of merit list the minimum marks / percentile needed in entrance exam remains the same. Percentile is defined instead of marks for NEET exam.
|Candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs||45th percentile|
|SC / ST / OBC||40th percentile|
- The minimum marks candidates are needed to qualify the examination is called Cut-off.
- The Cut-off will be based on three factors, number of students appeared in the exam, difficulty level and availability of seats.
- In the month of June 2018, it will be released.
- The minimum qualifying marks should be 45% for general-PH and 40% marks for reserved categories and 50% for general.
Cut Off of 2016
Cut Off Marks & Rank Range of Candidate are given below for those who qualified for the counselling under 15% All India Quota Seats for 2016.
Reservation of Seats
- OBC-Non creamy layer- 27%
- SC category- 15%
- ST category- 7.5%
- PH category- 3% (on horizontal basis)
- The answer key will be released within a week of examination.
- Candidates may have an opportunity for online challenge against the answer key.
- NEET Answer Key will be published via online mode through the website.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer challenged.
- In case of challenge is accepted by the Board the payment will be refunded.
Tie Breaker Criteria
The inter-se-merit of such candidates was determined in order of preference as follows below, in case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in the NEET:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (Botany and Zoology) in the Test.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the Test.
- Candidates with less number of attempted wrong answers in all the subjects in the Test.
- Candidates older in age to be preferred
NEET 2018 Result: Important Points
- You have to score minimum 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC in PCB subject group.
- Consider the good preparation books and study materials for better result.
- Make a proper time-table for your preparations.
- Practice mock test & previous year question papers.
- Don’t try to include new topics at the end of preparations.
For more details regarding NEET 2018, candidates are requested to visit official website of NEET.