IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2018 is helpful for students who have applied for this exam. JAM is a well-known entrance examination to provide admission to the post graduate courses in IITs and IISc Bangalore. JAM – Joint Admission Test for M.Sc gets conducted by two well-known organizations such as IISc – The Indian Institute of Science Bangalore and IITs – Indian Institutes of Technology. After clarifying the written examination, candidates need to qualify the interview session as well. There is no such ideal time to start preparing. Some of the students who start preparing early. One should start preparing for IIT JAM as soon as the decision is taken to pursue further studies in MSc. JAM 2018 Exam details will be available soon on this page after release of official notice. Check all the details about IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2018 in the below article.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2018
- The JAM test consist total seven papers and the candidate has to appear in one or two papers only.
- If you apply for second paper then you will have to pay an additional fee.
- For doing each of the papers given in the next section, candidate will be given three hours.
- You can give these tests via online mode only.
||No. of Question
||Multiple Choice Question
||Multiple Select Question
||Numerical Answer Type
- For Multiple Select Questions, there is no provision for partial marking.
- That is to say, if there are three correct answers and you select only one, you will not get any marks.
- In Section A, for every wrong / incorrect answer, there is negative marking.
- To be precise, for one-mark questions the negative marks is 1/3.
- Likewise for the two-mark questions the negative marks is 2/3.
- Candidates who want to appear in two test, they must check whether the dates of these two examination are clashing or not.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2018: Seven Papers
- Geology (GG)
- Physics (PH)
- Chemistry (CY)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Biological Sciences (BL)
- Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- Biotechnology (BT)
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2018: Syllabus
- The syllabus has been divided into three sections, i.e. Section A, B & C.
- The syllabus will comprise of various topics such as GC (Geology), MS (Mathematical Statistics), CY (Chemistry), BL (Biological Sciences), BT (Biotechnology), PH (Physics) and MA (Mathematics).
- Students can prepare from the above mentioned topics from the examination.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2018: Important Dates
|Mock test link
|Date of Exam
||2nd week of Feb 2018
|Announcement of Results
||Last week of Mar 2018
|Submission of admission form
||2nd to 4th week of Apr 2018
|Request for change of category Last Date
||2nd week of May 2018
|1st admission list released
||1st week of Jun 2018
|2nd admission list released
||3rd week of Jun 2018
|3rd & final admission list release
||1st week of Jul 2018
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2018
||2nd week of Jul 2018
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2018: Preparation
- Have a good understanding of theory.
- Have one or two books only for every JAM exam subject.
- Understand and analyze the syllabus before preparing.
- Speed and accuracy will lead to high score in JAM.
- Prepare as early as possible to get enough time for exam preparations.
- Solve previous year JAM question papers, and sample papers, and take mock tests.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2018: Important Points
- A virtual calculator will be available on the computer screen for calculations.
- The duration will be three hours for the examination.
- Make short notes of the topics and revise them in the end of preparation.
- Practice previous year question paper & sample papers and study from the best study materials.
- Take care of your health, do exercise and yoga it will help you concentrate in your studies.