JAM is a well-known entrance examination to provide admission to the post graduate courses in IITs and IISc Bangalore. JAM – Joint Admission Test for M.Sc gets conducted by two well-known organizations such as IISc – The Indian Institute of Science Bangalore and IITs – Indian Institutes of Technology. After clarifying the written examination, candidates need to qualify the interview session as well. JAM 2018 Exam details will be available soon on this page after release of official notice.
IIT JAM 2018: Courses
- Integrated Ph.D Degree (At IISc Bangalore)
- Sc (Two Years) (At IITs)
- Joint M.Sc -Ph.D(At IITs)
- Sc – Ph.D Dual Degree(At IITs)
- Sc – M.Tech(At IITs)
- Sc -M.S. (Research)/PhD Dual Degree (At IITs)
IIT JAM 2018: Important Dates
|Application form release||5 Sep 2017|
|Last date to submit the online application||10 Oct 2017|
|Application fee payment Last Date||10 Oct 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of Jan 2018|
|Mock test link||Feb 2018|
|Date of Exam||11 Feb 2018|
|Announcement of Results||20 Mar 2018|
|Submission of admission form||2nd to 4th week of Apr 2018|
|Request for change of category Last Date||2nd week of May 2018|
|1st admission list released||1st week of Jun 2018|
|2nd admission list released||3rd week of Jun 2018|
|3rd & final admission list release||1st week of Jul 2018|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2018||2nd week of Jul 2018|
IIT JAM 2018: Eligibility Criteria
For IISc Bangalore:
- Candidates (General Category) must have to qualify the UG examination with first class and candidates (Reserved category) have to qualify with second class i.e. 50% from a recognized university.
For IIT Guwahati:
- Candidate must have got minimum 55% marks (6.0 CPI in a scale of 10) in Honors and should pass in all other subjects.
- Candidate of General /OBC Category must have got 60% total marks or 6.5 CPI out of 10 in all the subjects.
- Candidates of Reserved Category must have cleared graduation with minimum 50% marks (5.5 CPI out of 10) in Honors.
For all other IITs:
- Candidate have cleared graduation with minimum 55% of marks (without rounding off) and minimum 50% aggregate of marks( for reserved category) from a well-known university.
- If candidate is having Grades/ CGPA instead of percentage/ marks then the total percentage will be decided by admitting institute.
IIT JAM 2018: Application Fee
Fee for One Test paper:
- Female candidates – Rs.750/-
- Male & Others candidates from General /OBC category – Rs.1500/-
- Male candidates from SC/ST/PD category – Rs.750/-
Fee for Two Test Papers:
- Female candidates – Rs.1050/-
- Male & Others candidates from General /OBC category – Rs.2100/-
- Male candidates from SC/ST/PD category – Rs.1050/-
IIT JAM 2018: Application Form
Candidates need to visit the official site to apply for IIT JAM 2018 now. Then you have to register yourself and then you can apply online. You can pay the application fee via two modes. First is online method and another one is Challan. Additionally charge will be made if you pay the fee via Challan. You must pay the fee at any SBI branch latest on or before the declared date in official notice. Once the fee is submitted then it will not be refundable.
Note: Candidate must have submitted the proof of passing the qualifying degree before September. The reservation policy is applicable as per the Indian Government rules.
IIT JAM 2018: Exam Pattern
- The JAM test consist total seven papers and the candidate has to appear in one or two papers only.
- If you apply for second paper then you will have to pay an additional fee.
- Candidates who want to appear in two test, they must check whether the dates of these two examination are clashing or not.
- For doing each of the papers given in the next section, candidate will be given three hours.
- You can give these tests via online mode only.
|Section||No. of Question||Type|
|A||30 MCQs||Multiple Choice Question|
|B||10 MSQs||Multiple Select Question|
|C||20 NAT||Numerical Answer Type|
IIT JAM 2018: Seven Papers
- Geology (GG)
- Physics (PH)
- Chemistry (CY)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Biological Sciences (BL)
- Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- Biotechnology (BT)
IIT JAM 2018: Admit Card
- The Admit Card will be available via online mode through the official website.
- Admit card will not sent by post or Email.
- Admit card will bear details like Candidate’s Name, Signature, Code of Test Pater, Exam Center, Photograph, Registration Number etc.
- Candidates have to bring the downloaded admit card to the examination hall.
- Candidates are not permitted to sit in the exam without valid admit card.
- Along with the original & valid photo identification at the examination centre.
IIT JAM 2018: Result
- The result will be provided to students via online mode through the official website.
- On 20th March 2018, the Result will be released.
- By entering required details to view their results, students can check the result.
- An AIR (All India Rank) rank list will be prepared for each paper.
- As per the marks obtained in the examination, the merit list will be prepared.
IIT JAM 2018: Counselling
- Candidates are eligible to apply for admission those who have their names appear in the IIT JAM merit list.
- By filling the application form through the website, students have to apply for admission.
- Candidates have to fill their preferences, marks obtained, education details etc in the application form.
- An admission list will be published through the website for admission.
- Seats will be allotted to students as per the preferences filled, rank and availability of seats.
- Candidates have to visit to the allotted college to complete admission, after seat allotment.
IIT JAM 2018: Admission Procedure
- On the basis of all India merit list of JAM, admission will be given in IISc Bangalore and IITs.
- Candidate will be eligible to take admission those who will clear any of the paper of JAM 2018.
- All the qualified candidates will have to apply for the institute which will organize the IIT JAM 2018, once the IIT JAM is out.
IIT JAM 2018: Syllabus
- The syllabus has been divided into three sections, i.e. Section A, B & C.
- The syllabus will comprise of various topics such as GC (Geology), MS (Mathematical Statistics), CY (Chemistry), BL (Biological Sciences), BT (Biotechnology), PH (Physics) and MA (Mathematics).
- Students can prepare from the above mentioned topics from the examination.
IIT JAM 2018: Important Points
- You can apply through online mode for this exam.
- Only one Email ID can be used for one application form.
- Candidates can apply for maximum two papers in this exam.
- The application form will be released from 5th September 2017.
- You can choose only three exam centres for this exam.
- The fee payment will be done through online mode, i.e. debit/credit card & net banking.
- There is no need to send the printed application to the authority.
- A virtual calculator will be available on the computer screen for calculations.
- The duration will be three hours for the examination.
- Foreign candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Understand and analyze the syllabus before preparing.
- Prepare as early as possible to get enough time for exam preparations.
- Make short notes of the topics and revise them in the end of preparation.
- Practice previous year question paper & sample papers and study from the best study materials.
- Take care of your health, do exercise and yoga it will help you concentrate in your studies.
Disclaimer- All the given details about IIT JAM 2018 is tentative and referenced from the official website of JAM. Final schedule will be updated on this page after release of official notice.